From EssenceRO Wiki
This page contains the guide on how to properly install Ragnarok Online on your computer and prepare things for EssenceRO.
- EssenceRO Full Installer
- kRO Main Client (Current Version: 2011-01-05) and EssenceRO Lite 6.2 Installer
You can find download links on theof the website.
Installing using the eRO Full Client
Simply download the full client from the downloads page, run the installer, and you should be good to go! Remember to patch before playing.
Installing outside of Program Files may prevent some issues with permissions later on. Should you wish to avoid them, install outside of this directory, by installing in a destination such as C:\Games\EssenceRO\ instead.
This step may stay around 32% for a little while, just wait it out and it will eventually continue.
You're done! Don't forget to patch your client (see below).
Regardless of which method used, players must patch on a regular basis to avoid in-game errors.
You should be patching your installation at regular intervals. The method to do this is as follows.
1. Run rsu-kro-rag-lite from your RO folder.
2. A small patcher window will pop up. Leave it running and it will patch your client.
3. Let it patch until the patching completes. (The Start button will become selectable at this point.)
4. Click the Close button after patching completes.
Note: If your patch fails to complete while it is still in progress, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and click the Cancel button on the patcher. This will save all the patches you have already downloaded. After this, run the patcher again until it completes.
1. Patch EssenceRO by running EssenceRO Patcher.
Note: Anti-virus programs might pick up the Essence Patcher file as a false positive.
2. You are done! When it's done patching you'll be able to connect and play on EssenceRO!
If you're experiencing problems you can always check the other Tech Support sections on the Wiki. If you still can't fix the problem, then you can post in the
Method 2: Installing Using kRO and eRO Lite
If you already have kRO and do not wish to download the full installer, simply download eRO Lite and install it to the same folder. This is not required if you use the full client from the above steps.
1. From the kRO downloads page, get one copy of each of these files:
rdata.grf roMMDDYYYY_bgm.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part1.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part2.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part3.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part4.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part5.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part6.rar roMMDDYYYY_data.grf.part7.rar
Where MMDDYYYY is the date of the latest kRO archive.
1. If you don't have it already, install a tool which can extract rar type files. One good choice is WinRAR, which you can download from the following link:
2. Extract the archive titled data.grf.part1. By extracting part 1 of the data.grf, it will extract the other 6 pieces at the same time.
3. Place rdata.grf is in the same folder that all the other files were extracted to.
4. Extract bgm.rar. This will make a directory named "BGM", and that directory should be within the RO folder you created.
5. Installation for kRO is now complete. Installation for eRO Lite comes next.
Installing eRO Lite
This is only required if you are going to use a kRO install instead of the full install.
1. Open eROsetup.msi from the download directory.
2. When prompted for the type of installation, select Custom.
3. If this is the first time installing RO on the system, it may be helpful to install the default hotkey set to start you off.
3. On this same page, you must select Browse to choose the installation directory. Select the directory where you installed kRO and its dependencies in the previous steps.
4. Follow the installation wizard until it completes.
5. Download http://files.essence-ro.com/neoncube.ini and save it into the RO\neoncube\ folder. (e.g. If you installed to C:\Games\RO\, the file should be placed in C:\Games\RO\neoncube\neoncube.ini)
6. After this, you will need to patch both kRO and eRO to play without errors. See above for patching instructions.